Darjeeling Mirik Kalimpong tour packages
Day 1: Bagdogra Airport to Darjeeling Transfer
Day 2: Darjeeling Full Day Sightseeing
Day 3: Excursion to Mirik
Day 4: Darjeeling to Kalimpong & Kalimpong Sightseeing
Day 5: Darjeeling to Bagdogra Airport
Summary of Itinerary
Day 01: Bagdogra Airport to Darjeeling
Meet & Greet on arrival at NJP Railway Station which is the main railway station of Siliguri, a city located in the Darjeeling district and Jalpaiguri district in the Indian state of West Bengal. Siliguri is located on the banks of the Mahananda River and the foothills of the Himalayas & transfer to Darjeeling. On arrival Check-in to hotel & rest of the day at leisure for shopping. Overnight stay at Darjeeling.
Day 02: Darjeeling Full Day Sightseeing
Darjeeling (6,700 ft) is a town in India's state of West Bengal, in the Himalayan foothills. Once a summer resorts for the British people before 1947, it remains the terminus of the narrow-gauge Darjeeling Himalayan Railway (a UNESCO World Heritage) or “Toy Train”.
It's famed for the distinctive black tea grown on plantations that dot its surrounding slopes. Its backdrop is Mt. Kanchenjunga, among the world’s highest peaks.
Early Morning (at 04:00 am) drive to Tiger hill (Tiger Hill is located in Darjeeling, in the Indian State of West Bengal, and is the summit of Ghoom, the highest railway station in the Darjeeling Himalayan Railway – a UNESCO World Heritage Site) to watch the spectacular sunrise over Mt. Khangchenjunga (28,208 ft. Worlds 3rd highest peak), on your way back visit Ghoom Monastery and Batasia Loop.
After breakfast visit Himalayan Mountaineering Institute, Himalayan Zoological Park (Padmaja Naidu Himalayan Zoological Park is a 67.56-acre zoo in the town of Darjeeling in the Indian state of West Bengal. The zoo was opened in 1958, and an average elevation of 7,000 feet, is the largest high altitude zoo in India), Tenzing Rock, Tibetan Refugee self-help Centre (Sunday closed), Tea Garden (outer view), Ropeway and Japanese Temple. Overnight stay at Darjeeling.
Day 03: Excursion to Mirik
Mirik is famous for its man-made Sumendu Lake, where you can enjoy boating in Mirik Lake (4,900 ft.) Orange plantations and Tea Estates. 6 KM before entering Mirik you can have a spectacular view of tea gardens from Tingling View Point. And at 17KM from Mirik on the way to Darjeeling can go for marketing foreign stuffs from Pasupati Market in Nepal (Extra vehicle charges will be applicable for Nepal Border to Pasupati Market).
Day 04: Darjeeling to Kalimpong & Kalimpong Sightseeing
After breakfast check out from hotel and transfer to Kalimpong. After refreshment we start to full day Kalimpong sightseeing including Deolo Hill, Mangal Dham, Durpin Dara, Cactus Nursery, Hanuman temple, Science Centre, Gouripur House & Dr. Graham's Home. We have to drive about 40KM and it will take near about 3 Hrs. On arrival the vehicle will drop you at your hotel. Duty of vehicle for the day ends.
- Deolo Hill: Deolo Hill, located to the north-east of the town, is one of the two hills in between which the town of Kalimpong stands. The hill is also the highest point of Kalimpong town, with a height reaching up to 1,704m above mean sea level. Out of the three water reservoirs located within the destination, two of which are primary source of drinking water, are located atop this hill. From the top of this hill, tourists can enjoy beautiful views of the surrounding villages of Relli valley and Teesta River along with the town of Kalimpong. In addition, there is a park located at the summit of this hill, which is constructed for recreational purposes.
- Mangal Dham: Mangal Dham, a temple located in the beautiful town of Kalimpong, was built in 1993. The temple was constructed by Shri Krishna Pranami, a Hindu sect and in the memory of late Guru Shri 108 Mangaldasji. Sprawling over an area of 2 acres of wooded land, this temple is dedicated to Lord Krishna. In addition, the Mangal Dham temple also houses the idols of Prannath, Raj Shyamji and Mangaldasji, which are present on the top floor of this temple. This floor also has pictures depicting several scenes from the lives of Lord Krishna and other patron saints of the temple.
- Durpin Dara: Durpin Dara, located at an altitude of 1,402 m, is known for its beautiful views. It is an observatory point, which is located approximately 3km from the town. Tourists visiting this place can enjoy beautiful views of the Himalayan ranges. Durpin Dara, easily accessible by car, is the highest point in Kalimpong. In addition, this observatory point also offers views of the plains along with River Teesta.
- Cactus Nursery: Also known as B.N. Pradhan Nursery has grown in size over the years and provides a wide variety of nursery products which include Cacti, Succulents, Plants, Flower Bulbs, Seeds, Ferns, Palms and Orchids. Besides growing local varieties, we constantly import new varieties of plants and seeds from various parts of the world, and supply them to various wholesale buyers, retail collectors, landscape houses, factories etc. within various parts of India and globally.
- Hanuman Temple: Hanuman temple - a large statue of Hanuman upon a little hillock and the Army Golf course. Sherpa Taar popularly known as the Sherpa View Point on the way to Deolo hill is a watershed from where you view the mountains descending to the hills and river valleys below. In the southern side is the Relli river valley, Kafer and the hills of Samthar plateau. In the North is the view of the small state Sikkim and the Kanchenjunga peak. Hanuman Temple has recently been constructed with a gigantic statue of Lord Hanuman and close to it is the Durga Mandir or the Hindu temple.
- Science Center: Kalimpong Science Centre has been established in Kalimpong, one of the Hill Sub-Division of Darjeeling District in the year 2008. It is knowledge-based organization of high quality and dedication; engage in popularizing Science and Technology among the general masses particularly, in students. Kalimpong Science Centre was inaugurated on 2nd October, 2008.
- Gouripur House: Gouripur House is located at a distance of around 2 km from town on the way to Durpin Dara. Though Kalimpong was a small hill station, but still was favourite place of the great Indian poet, Rabindranath Tagore. On visiting the destination, he stayed at Gouripur House. On 25th April, 1940, it was from this house that he recited the poem "Janamadin". It was done through a telephone system installed in this house that was linked with the All India Radio, located in Kolkata. His last visit to this house was on 28th September, 1954 after which he never returned.
- Dr. Graham's Home: Dr. Graham's Home was founded in 1900 by Dr. John Anderson Graham. Located on the lower slopes of Deolo Hill, this educational institution is sprawling over an area of 500 acres. In addition, the institution also houses farmhouse, bakery, dairy, poultry, and hospital and clothing department. A festival called May Fair is organized every year at this Graham's Home. This institution is still supported partially by charitable collections and sponsors from all across the globe.
Day 05: Darjeeling to Bagdogra Airport
After breakfast Check-out from hotel on time and take the departure transfers to Bagdogra Airport for your onward journey. TOUR ENDS.
For Darjeeling Mirik Kalimpong tour packages and taxi services call us at + 91 9734377000 Or Mail us at email@example.com